West Chester Estate Planning Attorney
Just as you have worked to ensure your physical and financial needs are met during your productive years, you need to have a plan for when you eventually become incapacitated or pass on.
The Law Office Therese L. Money, LLC helps clients in Chester County and throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania to create legally sound and durable estate plans that will benefit them long into the future.
Your goal may be to retain control of your medical care, to leave an inheritance for your children, or provide for an elderly spouse or disabled child using a trust. Whatever your estate planning need, we can help.
We can guide you through the process of drafting sound planning documents, implementing those documents and defending them in the event of legal challenges. We can also help you to choose representatives to administer your estate, make decisions about your health care or end-of-life care, and execute your will.
Our knowledgeable West Chester estate planning lawyer, Therese L. "Terry" Money, Esq., worked as a paralegal in the legal field for more than 20 years prior to becoming an attorney and establishing her law practice. She understands the problems of estate planning and their solutions. She can help you achieve your estate planning needs.
Providing Wills, Trusts, Powers Of Attorney And More | Living Will Lawyer Serving Chester County And Southeastern Pennsylvania
Terry can help you to create a diversified and comprehensive estate plan for any estate-related contingency, concerning:
- Wills that determine how your assets are apportioned after you die.
- Trusts, including special needs trusts, spendthrift trusts, and life insurance trusts, that preserve your assets for assigned purposes during your life or after your death.
- Durable powers of attorney that appoint a representative to act as your agent (often an adult child or relative) to do your banking, sell your home, admit you to hospital or nursing care, and perform other authorized tasks if you become incapacitated or disabled. We also help clients to appoint executors and trustees.
- Living wills/end-of-days directives that define the degree and scope of your medical care if you become incapacitated or are near death
- Health care proxies that appoint a representative, such as a doctor, to manage your health care and/or make medical decisions on your behalf.
- Medicaid planning/nursing home planning strategies that preserve and protect your assets while qualifying yourself or your spouse for government medical assistance.
- Guardianships that provide for the financial and personal needs of your beloved minor children or disabled relatives.
Probate Representation For Individuals And Families
A well-constructed estate plan can be a valuable gift to your children, heirs and beneficiaries. Why? Because it provides clear instructions as to how your assets will be distributed when you die. This clarity can prevent misunderstandings by the court during the probate process, and can reduce the potential for a legal fight among your survivors. Terry’s attention to detail can benefit any client who wishes to avoid probate problems and preserve family harmony. She also represents clients in probate litigation in which a will is missing, incomplete or fraudulent.
It Is Never Too Late For A Plan | Establish Your Legacy
Regardless of how old you are or how much you own, it is never too late to plan ahead. We can help you to get the most out of your assets and opportunities while providing a legacy for your children and grandchildren. An effective estate plan can help you limit the uncertainty of life, while enabling you to control your money, property, and quality of life. It can also help your loved ones avoid expensive and contentious litigation during a probate action.
Contact Us | We Can Help You
For your convenience, we will make house calls for the disabled and seniors over 70. Please call to inquire.